Sunday, June 04, 2006

air-brushed t-shirts and crab legs

The three most memorable moments from my family's "vacation" in Virginia Beach(ick):

#3- I succumbed to hokey contrived patriotism when my brothers ship, the S.S.Porter, returned home from deployment. I shed tears as it came into view on the horizon. Those Navy boys stood at attention along the perimeter of the ship in all their white clad glory while a D.J. played " I'm Proud to be an American" and "Born in the U.S.A." Who could resist?

#2-Some members of The Neptunes showed up at a small club we were at and bobbed their heads to their own music.(courtesy of the little brown-nosing d.j.) I waited in joyful hope with eyes on the door. Alas, Pharrell did not show up to join his friends.

and the #1 most memorable moment from Clifton Hill w/A Beach ...My super-fly mom got so drunk she puked!! I will probably/hopefully never again witness such a spectacle..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home