Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Bring to a boil, reduce heat, then simmer

Ahhh, my spawn has just left for a three day field trip to D.C. with her class. For the most part I am not a nail biting parent...("germs are actually good for your immune system, honey") and I view this break as my pass to live with reckless abandon for the next three days. This mostly means that I will eat Cheetos for dinner and sleep till noon. But everytime I send her off on one of these things, there are always those parents..teary eyed and wringing hands praying for their childs safety. They stand and watch the bus untill it's no longer visible as I skip across the parking lot eager to start doing nothing. And I think to myself, 'am I horrible, or just honest?'. Anyway, I have been awake since 4:30 a.m. so I'm feelin a little ornery. Much too early to be answering questions like " What if my Gatorade doesn't stay cold for the whole bus ride?!" Um...

To roll right along with my mean- spirited morning, I found the "letter of resignation" I wrote to my last employer right before I quit. I can't believe I almost gave this to him:

Dear Ron,
I'm sorry, but I can no longer work for you. I think you are too hard on your staff and I don't like the way you speak to any of us. Your arrogance is appalling. The money that I make is just not enough to put up with you.
Sincerely,
A.

P.S. I think you are a snapcase freak

2 Comments:

Blogger GabsOSteel said...

my parents never cried when i left and i turned out ok. therefore, you rock on with your cheetos for dinner and just know that you are a good mommy.

4:24 PM  
Blogger alanna said...

I love when people say "and I turned out o.k...." you're just begging for a raised brow! Thanks though, I feel slightly less guilty.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home