Monday, March 26, 2007

three conversations

Bachelor #1 : 28 yr. old lead singer/guitarist for local band;recently returned home to Buffalo from "life on the road"

(4 a.m. phone conversation)

Me: How was the show?
B#1: (overly exhausted tone) Good, except for everyone wanting a piece of me.
Me: (uninterested) Really... that sucks.
B#1: Yeah, but I'm home now. (long sigh) Decompressing. Shows take a lot out of
me.
Me: Gee, I can only imagine.
B#1: Yeah, so I just come home and put whatever I have left of me into my art.
Me: (want to laugh) Oh...
B#1: What are you doing now? I could really use some inspiration?
Me: Well good luck with that. I'm in bed already. Did I tell you I have a paper due
Monday so I won't be able to make plans tomorrow?


Bachelor #2 : 27 yr old ex-marine, now engineer; former acquaintance

(conversation at Quote nite club while outside smoking)

B#2: God when was the last time I saw you? Do I look a lot different to you?
Me: No.. I mean I had no trouble recognizing you.
B#2: Yeah but I used to be a lot bigger.
Me: (confused)
B#2: You don't remember how big my arms were?! I have stretch marks bigger
than your head!
Me: um, well, I'm sorry. It has been a while.
B#2: Yeah, so I own my own house now... just bought a new truck... You really
don't remember how big my arms were?
Me: (apologetic smile) Don't feel bad. I pay very little attention to anyone but
myself.
B#2: (looking around) God... did you happen to notice all the ugly people here
tonight?
Me: Oh shit! I forgot I promised my friend I'd meet her... somewhere else!
Thanks for the drink!


Sophia: 4 yr. old niece who was bugging me when I was trying to take a nap this afternoon

Me: So, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Soph: um, I wanna be a piano player, a cheerleader, and a ballerina dancer.....
and a Queen!
Me: Ok sounds good. Here's the remote.

3 Comments:

Blogger subscription girl said...

i love your life!

9:13 AM  
Blogger alanna said...

did that sound good to you? gag

12:37 PM  
Blogger GabsOSteel said...

well, no, but i enjoyed reading about it. :)

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home