Monday, March 19, 2007

just my $.02

Today I blew off an afternoon of homework and housecleaning and finally watched The Prestige. (If you haven't seen it yet please stop reading...I hate spoilers.) Considering that Greys Anatomy recently did a two part "shocker" where Meredith was under water for a good 15 minutes, subsequently remained "dead" for over an hour, and survived unscathed with mental faculties intact... I was a little skeptical of the drowning of the wife/assistant. CPR wasn't officially practiced until the 1950's but it was recommended as early 1740. One would think that these guys would know something about it,being that drowning was one of the major risks of that trick. I realize that she needed to die to facilitate the rivalry, but whatever, it annoyed me anyway. I have way too many questions left unanswered- Where was Angier disposing of his dead doubles? Why didn't Borden just tell his wife the truth? What was she going to tell Olivia? If she knew already, why did she hang herself? Who knew Edison was gangsta? And ladies, I still have no idea what you see in Christian Bale. I thought this movie would be the clincher. Nope. The only trick successfully pulled off by him was that of The Disappearing Upper Lip. Hugh Jackman however was delicious. And let us not ignore the too brief appearance of the coolest man on the planet-Mr. Bowie. The movie sufficed for a gloomy afternoon of slacking but I doubt I'll be watching it again.

3 Comments:

Blogger subscription girl said...

i can't believe we're friends. i mean, i'm glad we are - i just find it surprising seeing as how we don't have this most important trait in common. :)

3:05 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

The bodies were in those metal and glass water tanks. He drowned his clones the moment they were created, and that thing his people carted out the back every night into the warehouse was the latest drowned clone.
There was a big reveal about it in the end.

9:13 AM  
Blogger alanna said...

Ahhh, I knew he drowned them right away but i thought the thing they were bringing back to the house was the machine thing. I just didn't think the reveal had the impact that it should have had for some reason. Thanks for clarifying.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home