Monday, June 19, 2006

8 days and sober

I'm finally out of the funk I've been in thanks to Paul Simon and some shopping over the weekend. I wasn't able to drink but did go to one of my local bars to celebrate with my friend LyndseyPants on passing her nursing boards. Not being able to truly partake in the festivities was a drag and by 2:oo in the morning I was ready to choke at least three people including my most recent ex-boyfriend who decided it was a neat idea to slow dance with his new girlfriend two feet from where I was standing. Whatever, loser. I made a shocking discovery though... In my travels I found a handful of items at Half and Half on Elmwood that I had just seen at the mall. Not a big deal in itself except that they were marked up 50% from what the mall was selling them for. Boys will not understand this... but us girls will pay the higher prices at a boutique for the simple fact that there is only a small # of each item being sold and therefor less of an oppurtunity for someone else to be wearing the same thing at a wedding (wink). In girl world there is little more satisfying than when a fellow female compliments your dress/shirt/shoes and asks where you got it...then when you tell them it's from an exclusive little boutique on Elmwood there is a moment of mutual understanding that she will probably not be able to get it. A strange form of competition, I know, but true nonetheless. This rule does not apply to one's own friends , of course. One-upping your friends is an affront to the system and knocks a few points off your total score.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home