Monday, March 03, 2008

Paging Alan Cross

Is Buffalo radio getting better? I found myself able to listen to 103.3 The Edge today for the majority of my outing without feeling the need to change the station. On my way home from work I caught the tail end of a rocked out cover of a Tori Amos song and almost got into an accident. I know the solution to all of this is simply satellite radio, but I would actually miss the d.j.s. There should be someone talking periodically that just lives and breathes the subject matter- whether it be the music or the city in which it is being played. I like traffic updates... I like local news blurbs...I like feeling somewhat connected to everyone else who may be listening. I just wish we had a program director who didn't cater so much to those listeners who can't move past the glory days of Metallica.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Garvey said...

Dude, if Buffalo radio is improving, then you win the contest for most optimistic realization of the day.

I must admit, I haven't listened to The Wedge in a million years, ever since they put the caveman sitcom on as a morning show.

But who knows? Maybe they've hit upon the fact that some listeners DO want local radio, and decided not to suck so bad. Oh man, IhopeIhopeIhopeIhope...

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home