Friday, July 04, 2008

how bout "D O R K" ?

I've decided to add a regular feature to my blog- Pet Peeve of the Week. Since I've been having trouble coming up with any interesting material and aggrivation is never in short supply, it seems to be a win-win situation.

This weeks pet peeve: lame vanity plates. I cannot tell you how annoying it is to me when someone with a slightly better than average vehicle slaps a liscense plate on it that says "4u2nv". That was seen on the orange bumper of a Scion that looked similar to this one. I'm sure the guy behind him in the convertable BMW was very very jealous. Yesterday I was driving and saw a newish Mitsubishi Eclipse with the tags- "gtsnvme". So, you're saying all gt's envy your 2004 Eclipse? Cuz this is a gt, and so is this... and this... Whatever, you moron.


Then there are the Jesus freaks who like to display their devotion to their lord and savior by slapping some variation of his name on the ass of their transportation. The owner of a pizza joint in Blasdell has a plate that reads- "L O R D" Lord of the Rings? Lord of the Dance? Lord of Gino's Pizza? No, only a born again could be so corny.

And a person who puts his/her name on a liscence plate ranks right up there in the stupid category with someone who would put it on their bicep.

However, there are some that I can appreciate... I saw a blond woman in her 40's driving a white Jaguar convertable around Deleware circle a few years ago with a vanity plate that said "Thanks Larry" She either snagged herself a sugar daddy or won it in the divorce settlement. Now that's sassy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home