Wednesday, March 12, 2008

catching up

I know I've been a poor participant these last few days so I'm going skip the formalities and jump right into catching up...


1. What is your favorite word?
- For the way they sound: reconnoiter, spang-dangle*, plethora, bauble
For what they mean: dream, grace, love, compassion, inspiration, fruition...


What is your least favorite word?
- Any word referring to bodily functions for both sound and meaning
also boatswain... because you pronounce it bosun and that just pisses me off


2. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
-Beauty, quality, luxury... the struggle to express or understand emotions and moments that are intangible and always fleeting... anything elusive... connecting the dots... building bridges through shared human experiences,


What turns you off?
-money, complacency, the status quo

3. What sound or noise do you love?
-I used to live by train tracks. The sound of a train in the middle of the night is the most lulling, dream inducing, meditative sound I've ever heard. Also, Avril Lavigne's voice, my daughter saying "mama" and cicada songs in the summer(i used to think it was the sound the sun made when it got really hot)
What sound or noise do you hate?
-any alarm clock noise, goes right through me

4. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
-estate sales and antiques dealing. Old objects hold some magical quality for me. Agency for artists of any genre who are more talented than I.
What profession would you not like to do?
-anything involving a desk and a business casual dress code, drug dealing (legal or illegal), and politics

5. What is your favorite curse word?
-motherfucker

6.
If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
- "Yes I do exist and no I'm not pissed at you. Get in there..."





* spang-dangled is a word i use to describe anything that is too decorated in a gaudy way.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Garvey said...

I once played a the boatswain in a production of the tempest. But I never said my name, so you can still like me.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home