Thursday, August 30, 2007

back in the saddle

Had my internet re-installed this morning, after a long, enjoyable summer without it. No pressures to check e-mails, myspace, or to satisfy the obsessive need to look at Guy Pearce's lovely, chiseled mug everyday. Myspace is now being used as a verb btw, as in " I'll be right back... I gotta go myspace real quick." Alas, summer is officially over for me... marked by the ending of the fair and the beginning of classes. ( ran into Garvey my first day back... what could be more pleasant than that?) Every August, I review the "things to do this summer" list that I compile as soon as the weather starts to look promising. And... I've not done a single thing on it. Read Gates of Fire- nope. Visit a state park- nope. Buy a bike- nope. To which I say- What good is a "to do " list unless you're going to ignore everything on it? There is no fun in getting things done. Shirking responsibility however, is another story. Had that list included: get drunk on the Livingston's porch-check. Go to work in the clothes you've slept in-check. Spend your entire student loan refund at TJ Maxx-check. Not that the summer was entirely wasted. I did visit this fantastic place a few times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home